GNTC uses the ACCUPLACER test for admission and placement.
This is a requirement for enrollment into GNTC programs of study unless you are exempt due to SAT/ACT or GED scores that meet the requirements, or valid transfer credits in English or Math. The following link will take you to a chart that includes information on program-ready scores, as well as SAT/ACT and GED score requirements that may exempt you from placement testing. Associate degree requirements are higher than Diploma or Certificate level. If you score below the requirement you will be placed in a provisional course in that subject.
The following is required when you come to test:
- A completed application for admission must be turned in.
- The $25 non-refundable Application Fee (one-time fee) must be paid. (This is payable at Administrative 服务 on the Floyd, 戈登, and Polk campuses and at the reception desk on the Walker and Whitfield Murray 校园.) Retests are $15 per session, regardless of the number of tests taken.
- You must show a picture ID (driver’s license, 学习者的许可证, 官方ID, 军事ID, 或护照.)
When is the test administered?
What subjects does the ACCUPLACER test cover?
- Reading Comprehension
- Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra (If required by your program.)
NOTE: All associate degree programs require an algebra test.
How can I prepare to take the ACCUPLACER test?
Online websites can be helpful. If you don’t have a computer, you can use one at a public library. Some of the 测试中心s may also have free computer time. Their phone numbers are above. Click on this link to see a copy of the 学习指南 and a list of the websites that include both practice tests and tutorials.
What if I need accommodations because of a disability or disorder when taking the placement test?
Potential students should schedule an appointment with a Disability Service Coordinator and provide documentation of a disability prior to placement testing. Contact the Disability Service Coordinator on the campus you will be attending. That person will provide a list of accommodations for the 测试中心.
- Catoosa County Campus - 布列塔尼Elrod
- Floyd County Campus - 布列塔尼Elrod
- 戈登 County Campus - 詹妮弗·林德伯格
- Polk County Campus - 布列塔尼Elrod
- Walker County Campus - 布列塔尼Elrod
- Whitfield Murray Campus - 詹妮弗·林德伯格
Do the GNTC 测试中心s proctor tests for other colleges?
The 测试中心s on each GNTC campus may provide proctoring services to students from other institutions. In order to receive proctoring services at GNTC, students must adhere to the following guidelines.
- GNTC will accommodate test proctoring for other institutions on a 空间 and time available basis. All requests should be referred to the official 测试中心 of the GNTC campus at which the proctoring service is requested.
- The individual or institution will be charged a $20.00学监费.
- 服务 will require pre-registration and appointments, and the 测试中心s reserve the right to refuse service if time, 空间, and availability of personnel do not permit.
- An individual requesting ADA accommodations must have the ADA coordinator of the institution forward accommodation recommendations to the 测试中心 in advance of the test.
- Proctoring can include but is not limited to:
- Pencil and paper testing mailed or electronically transmitted.
TCSG students will not be charged a proctoring fee for distance education by another TCSG college.
Proctored Testing Contacts
- Catoosa County Campus - 安吉拉·戴维斯 or Leigh Ann Pettigrew
- Floyd County Campus - 贝基•特纳 or Legare价格
- 戈登 County Campus - Vallery贝利 or Johna詹金斯
- Polk County Campus - 唐娜·鲍德温
- Walker County Campus - 洛丽·格雷戈尔
- Whitfield-Murray Campus - 安吉拉·戴维斯